Everyone wants to be validated. When it comes to brands and institutions on social media, verification is commonly used to validate them. It’s all about getting the elusive blue checkmark, to be more precise. Verification on Instagram demonstrates that you monitor your brand’s visibility on the site and assures potential consumers that your content is trustworthy. This not only gives you validation it also boosts your online reputation.
For obvious reasons, obtaining anything like an Instagram verification badge is complex and not open to all. However, if you believe you deserve to be verified on Instagram, I have a few pointers for you.
Accounts with the verification badge “mean Instagram has certified that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or global brand it represents,” according to Instagram.
To put it another way, when you see the blue check, you realize you’re following an Instagram verified account rather than a fan account or something else that hasn’t been verified.
Of course, this can be aggravating when you’re first getting started on the site because even though you’re the official account, others can be hesitant to follow you before they’re sure.
You should get straight to the point and order a verification badge for your Instagram profile if you’re confident in your ability to be verified.
- Sign in to your account and choose Settings from the top-right menu.
- Tap “Account” in the Settings menu, then “Request Verification.”
- To begin the review process, fill in the appropriate fields and then hit submit.
Just because your account is available for verification doesn’t mean it will be designated as such, according to Instagram. There is no assurance when you will be informed, but you must wait 30 days before requesting verification again if you are refused.
Other Helpful Tips
Don’t worry if going the above route isn’t an option.
You can do many other things to improve your odds of being confirmed on Instagram, and they’re all excellent advice for Instagram success in general.
1. Develop your other social media profiles
The first choice is to expand your presence in other places. Having a large following on other social media sites will help your account seem more authentic.
There are close connections between Twitter and press releases, for example. This is due to the fact that politicians and journalists use Twitter to disseminate information. Meanwhile, Instagram, a multimedia website, has close links to Musically and YouTube.
What are some strategies for gaining more followers on other platforms? Consider the following suggestions:
- Build the brand’s identity by using a clear voice and theme: Many businesses take a scattershot approach to engage with their customers. However, if you use your voice online, it’s far easier to form close bonds with others.
- Post frequently: The more involved you are on any social media platform, the more likely you are to persuade people to interact with your account.
- Create great content: Just as you’d post great photos on Instagram to grow your following, you should be creating informative content for your other platforms as well. Find out what your followers want from you and cater to their requirements.
2. Keep an eye out for imposter profiles
Although it might sound a little like crying wolf to say that your identity is in jeopardy, this tip comes straight from Instagram:
“Accounts representing well-known personalities and brands are verified because they are prone to impersonation.”
Your verification badge distinguishes you as the unique individual you are. It instills trust in your followers by reassuring them that they aren’t following a random imposter. People want to know they’re following the real person.
Notifying Instagram that you’re being impersonated can prompt them to take action.
3. Maintain Your Account’s Activity
This may seem self-evident, but you’re unlikely to be verified if you don’t regularly use Instagram. When the admins come to see if you’re worth verifying, they’ll look for consistent activity. There’s no point in starting the verification process if you’re not using the platform.
It even works the other way around. If you’re not using Instagram, what’s the point of verification? To increase the chances of receiving the blue checked badge, do the following:
- Invest in high-quality photos: Instagram is all about aesthetics. Influencers gain followers because they understand how to communicate with their target audience. Discover what your fans want to see on your profile and start snapping.
- Use Insights to Your Advantage: Go to your Instagram business page and use your Insights to create content that your followers can enjoy. Be sure to post during the peak hours of your followers’ activity. To learn more about your social followers and adjust your campaigns, use third-party resources that will communicate everything you need to know.
- Engage: Don’t forget to respond to comments, like tweets, and look up important hashtags. In every social media site, engagement is crucial.
The Instagram Audience Interaction Report offers an in-depth analysis of trends, hashtag use, likes, and other engagement indicators. This is important for any brand attempting to make cross-account or cross-brand research simpler.
4. Boost the Value of Your Earned Media
Do you want Instagram to give you the thumbs up? Demonstrate to them that you’re worth it.
See what comes up when you Google yourself. Is there nothing? Fix that because there’s nothing to verify if you don’t have a well-known brand.
Remember, who gets a blue check on their Instagram account isn’t decided by an algorithm. Every request is manually reviewed, and they are likely to use search engines like Google to see what pops up for outside legitimacy.
Finally, learning how to get checked on Instagram necessitates putting in the effort before submitting a message.
It’s difficult, which is why verification badges are so valuable.
Instagram verification takes a lot of thought and effort, so make sure you have a compelling purpose before you begin. Being checked has several advantages, ranging from improved brand credibility to a more substantial social search presence.
IG authentication sets you apart from the pack and makes it easier to connect with the people who matter most to you. When used correctly, it increases your social media trustworthiness, increases your conversion rates, and boosts your online reputation. All you have to do now is prove that you are deserving.